April 8, 2013

Movin' Movin' Movin'

Just one week after rolling out of Iowa, I have to say I'm both satisfied with being able to unpack most of our boxes and also frustrated by the visual chaos of stuff everywhere.  I was thinking tonight that the whole house looks like a bomb went off and an explosion of stuff fell over every square inch of our home.  Of course, I am so thankful for all that we have, but organizing and putting away everything can take so much time and energy.  So, I've been reminding myself that big tasks (like relocating your whole family and home) take time, need time.  I was reminded of something I wanted to make (someday) and hang in the kitchen...

Dirty Dishes
Thank heaven for dirty dishes.
They have a tale to tell,
While other folks go hungry,
We're eating very well.
With home and health and happiness,
We shouldn't want to fuss,
By this stack of evidence,
God is very good to us.

Balance.  Perspective...  I've been trying to have the right perspective and to balance what I think "needs to be done" around the house with what my family really needs.  Yes, chaos in our environment and schedule can take its toll on everyone in the family.  See, we are starting to settle in and are really liking Wisconsin, but have yet to establish any kind of routine.  While that can be different, and frustrating, it's also good sometimes to have to prioritize and then just roll with it.

Enjoy the little things in life...
for one day you'll look back
and realize they were the big things.

That's another "gem" I've saved on my Pinterest board of quotes ;) I've realized though that sometimes you need a little chaos to shake up your ideas for the big picture and help you to focus more clearly on the little things.

So, we laugh at the fact that our 26 foot "semi" couldn't fit everything, and we needed another trailer for the garage stuff.  So, we acknowledge the help we needed, and we are thankful for all the help our family and friends so lovingly provided.  So, I throw up my hands and say I did what I could for today when after hours of organizing the office the magnetic board of supplies falls off the wall spilling everything all over the floor again.  So, we remember to keep it all in perspective and keep a sense of humor.  So, I remember with a smile that "mommy come play with me" and memories of Superheros and Transformers are more important than trying to be Supermom.

So, I say thank you God for love, a sense of humor, rest, family, and peace in my heart.





No comments: