December 20, 2009

Let it snow!

Asher was thrilled when we got the 1st snow! He couldn't wait for daddy to get home and take him outside to play in it. Here are a few pictures...



I love that he wanted to make a snow angel. Asher was also helpful with a little shoveling. A few days later he asked when the snow would melt. I explained the sun may melt a little but I thought it would stay until spring. I mentioned we would probably get more snow soon... boy was I right! During the blizzard, even Asher knew better than to want to go outside in the wind and bitter cold. He thought we should do a craft. So I got out supplies to do a craft I'd seen in my magazine. Asher made the whole family caroling:

Here are a few pictures from the morning of the big storm...


Al measured the snow before it drifted on the South of the house. But the front of the house had already drifted some. It was hard to tell where the front porch ended and the yard began. Not to mention that you couldn't tell we have two sets of steps leading up to the house.

But Al dug out the front walk from the door to the street, the sidewalk from the front door to the back door, and the back step and 1/2 the driveway. Of course, by lunch you couldn't tell. So I shoveled the 6 inches off our covered front porch and removed the snow again from the front steps and sidewalk leading to the curb.

One more picture after the storm: The outside play equipment drifted in snow.

But hey, I didn't have to leave the house. The boys and I had a great snow day inside. And I sipped hot chocolate in front of the TV while they napped. The next day I profusely thanked the neighbor's grandson, who so generously went ahead and cleared the sidewalks of our corner lot with his snow blower. God bless the generosity of others because we had no idea how to dig out of that much snow!

No comments: