February 7, 2009

February Photo Shoot

Well, Asher continues to grow too fast for his mom. His feet used to be so small, but we recently had them measured and realized that he is a size 8 already. We bought him his first pair of shoes... You know, actually went to a retail store and paid full price... yikes! I guess that's pretty good for his being almost 2 1/2 years old. I have to say we have been so lucky to have gotten so many wonderful hand-me-downs, and I think my bargain shopping the last two years (at garage sales and stores' seasonal clearance sales) has really paid off. Thanks to Aunt Holly's heads up about the Old Navy sale, we again have his winter dress and play coats for next year packed away and waiting. Hey, can't beat $5 each for new coats! I don't think he has put on any weight the last few months, but Asher continues to get taller and taller. Once again, we are noticing that some of his shirts and pants are becoming too short for him.

I took a few pictures of Asher this last week. With the nicer weather, I decided I'm ready to start transitioning away from the Christmas and winter decor and get ready for Spring. So, I'm ready to retire the picture of Asher under the Christmas tree and update...



Maybe it's just being his mom or getting used to the idea that Asher is my "big boy" now and having his baby brother's arrival quickly approaching, but Asher seems to be changing every month. Al and I were just looking at some older pictures of Asher and, as much as I think he is changing lately, it was shocking to compare his pictures from the pumpkin patch and Christmas this last year (at 2 years of age) with when he was one year old. Guess I just have to get used to the idea that I have a little boy now who, like a typical two-year-old, has his own ideas and wants to do things all by himself.

No comments: