So, we have decided to stop calling him "baby boy" because we have decided on a first name... Ezra. It's Hebrew for God helps and helper. We are still discussing a middle name.
Asher has already been excited to share this information with others. He points to my belly saying "My baby brother. My Ezra." Asher has been really cute about the whole pregnancy so far. Sometimes when he is "Doctor Asher," he will listen to my and baby's heart with his stethoscope. Asher has even rubbed my belly and pointed to the TV saying he's doing a "baby movie" (otherwise known as a sonogram). ;) Asher is now my "big boy" and "big helper," and he tells me that he knows baby brother is growing too. He understands that Ezra can hear him with his ears, even though he is inside mommy's belly. Sometimes Asher talks to him. The other morning, Asher said "Good morning baby brother. I'm having oatmeal."
Seems like the baby will be here soon. I think it's because I'm starting to see my Nurse Midwife every other week now. So, I have a check up with her tomorrow (the 21st of January) and every two weeks after that, until sometime in March when I go weekly. Also, we go to UIHC in a week (on the 28th of January). This will include our last ultrasound (I think this is number 6) and a consultation with Dr. Canady about cleft palate assessment and repair.
Al has been a real help and not complained too much about my "nesting" lately. The baby's room is basically ready, and we've been getting a lot of projects done around the house... more on that soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment